Friday, April 10, 2009

Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes

Creamy vanilla.......sweet and tangy orange......mixed together, what could be better?

Do you remember these delicious ice cream treats? They were my favorite when I was a kid. Now, I have recreated them....in cupcake fashion!

Photobucket

These little drops of bliss were created for the IronCupcake: Earth challenge for April, also. I actually have a little something else up my sleeve, too. So be on the lookout for another yummy cupcake post.

Okay, so I used the same recipe from Hello, Cupcake for these babies, too. You can find the recipe here. I substituted orange extract for the vanilla in this case.

Once I had the batter mixed together, I took some out and dyed it orange (with red and yellow food coloring) so that they would look pretty. And did they ever?

Photobucket

From the top:
Photobucket

For the icing, I kept it simple (again). I like yummy but simple. *smile*
Photobucket

I added some food coloring to the icing as well.
Photobucket

Can you just taste them now? Here, take a little nibble:
Photobucket

I topped them with a little scoop of the Orange & Vanilla Ice Cream from UDF and then drizzled the icing over top it all. Messy, but totally delicious!


Check out IronCupcake for more cool cupcake stuff.
Our April ETSY PRIZE-PACK is from artists:
A creation by FRUITFLYPIE, a pair of cupcake earrings from LOTS OF SPRINKLES, a sweet surprise from Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Cupcakery,
PLUS, IronCupcake:Earth can not forget our good friend, CAKESPY, who is now going to be doing a piece for our winner each month until further notice - sweet!

Last and certainly not least, don’t forget our corporate prize providers: HEAD CHEFS by FIESTA PRODUCTS, HELLO CUPCAKE by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, JESSIE STEELE APRONS ; TASTE OF HOME books, a t-shirt from UPWITHCUPCAKES.COM. Iron Cupcake:Earth is sponsored in part by 1-800-Flowers.

Enjoy!
-Erica

2 comments:

  1. these orange sherbet ice cream bars were my favorite when I was a kid. How wonderful you've created a cake with the taste!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
Feel free to just say "Hi!" when you stop by!

Thanks for reading!