Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes

Photobucket

Courtesy of Jenny Bakes, I have made Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. Honestly, I have never heard of such a combination before, especially for pancakes....but it sounded interesting enough for me to try it.

Now, my hubby is pretty weird when it comes to trying things that you wouldn't normally think to put together, so I have to approach him carefully with things like this. *giggle giggle* Which means, I omit the fact that there is an uncommon ingredient in the recipe. *smile*

So, I started mixing it up in the kitchen, keeping hubby at bay while I threw in the ricotta cheese.

Photobucket

The batter came together beautifully and it was light and fluffy. I couldn't wait to try them! They didn't really take much longer than my normal pancake recipe, so hubby didn't really suspect anything. *giggle giggle* (I know, I'm so cruel)

Now, I had some left over blueberries from that awesome scone recipe I tried the other day....so I decided to put some of them on top of the pancakes after they were finished.

Beautiful, don't you think?
Photobucket

Ok, so my hubby took ONE bite of them and.....

"Ooooh. Mmmmmm. Honey, what did you do? These pancakes are THE best pancakes I've ever had in my life. Fabulous."

So, naturally I start laughing....evil-like, too. Now he is curious.

We stare each other down a little, but he can't keep his fork out of those pancakes, he is still shoveling them in....even though he now knows there must be something weird in them. *giggle giggle*

Alright, well I laid it on him.

"Lemon Ricotta Pancakes. I got the recipe from this blog that I like."

"Well, keep that recipe. Can you make them again tomorrow?"

He was right, too, THE best pancakes I have ever had in my life. We didn't even add butter or very much syrup, which is very unusual for us.

Thanks Jenny for an awesome recipe! We'll be having them again....soon.

Enjoy!
-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Feel free to just say "Hi!" when you stop by!

Thanks for reading!