Saturday, May 9, 2009

IronCupcake: Earth (Savory #1)

Ok, so I didn't win April's challenge....but that is fine by me. Thanks to everyone who voted - it was a lot of fun!

May's IronCupcake: Earth challenge is SAVORY! I thought I'd have a little trouble with this one, since I focus mostly on sweets....but I wanted to give it a nice effort.

I give you......Meatloaf Cuppies!
Photobucket

I know, I know.....it just sounds weird, doesn't it?

I created little cuppies of meatloaf first, yes, in my cuppie pan.
Photobucket

Then I whipped up a nice creamy batch of my Garlic & Herb Mashed Potatoes for the "icing". Diced up some green onions for "sprinkles"......

VOILA! Meatloaf Cuppies

If you'd like to know, they were fantastic! I always make meatloaf with mashed potatoes.....almost like it is a sin to eat meatloaf without mashed potatoes. Honestly, I don't know why I feel compelled to have the two together. Anyone else out there have something weird like this they want to share? Do you always eat your meatloaf with mashed potatoes? Would you feel normal not eating meatloaf with mashed potatoes....or is it just me?

Well, anyway, they were tasty. Confused Syndel (Ceryse didn't care, she'll eat [literally] anything) to all-get-out, but delicious.

Want a nibble? Here ya go:
Photobucket

Our May ETSY PRIZE-PACK is from artists:
A sweet cupcake ID bracelet by INSANEJELLYFISH
something sweet and dangly from CHERRYCREEKCHARMS
a sweet surprise from Sweet Cuppin' Cakes Cupcakery

PLUS, IronCupcake:Earth can not forget our good friend, CAKESPY, who is now going to be doing a piece for our winner each month until further notice - sweet!Last and certainly not least, don’t forget our corporate prize providers: HEAD CHEFS by FIESTA PRODUCTS, HELLO CUPCAKE by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson, JESSIE STEELE APRONS,TASTE OF HOME books, a t-shirt from UPWITHCUPCAKES.COM.
Iron Cupcake:Earth is sponsored in part by
1-800-Flowers.

Oh, yeah! By the way - don't forget to enter my giveaway going on NOW through May 12th!

Enjoy!
-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Feel free to just say "Hi!" when you stop by!

Thanks for reading!