Monday, February 9, 2009

Lemon-Nutmeg Scones


I've never made scones before, so I was anxious to try some. I found this recipe in Pillsbury Best of the Bake-Off 2008 edition.

They turned out good, if I do say so myself! :)

Here is the recipe:

1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
1/4 C cornstarch
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t ground nutmeg
6 T butter or margarine
1 container (6 oz) lemon fat-free yogurt, divided
1/3 C golden raisins
2 eggs
3 t sugar
1/8 t ground nutmeg
3 oz. cream cheese, softened

1 - Heat oven to 400 F. Grease cookie sheet (I used parchment paper instead). In large bowl, mix flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and 1/4 t nutmeg. With pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture looks like coarse crumbs.

2 - In small bowl, mix 1/2 C of the yogurt, the raisins (which, I omitted) and eggs. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir until dry ingredients are just moistened (dough will be sticky) On floured surface, shape dough into a ball. On greased cookie sheet, press dough into 8-inch circle, about 3/4 inch thick.

3 - In small bowl, mix sugar and 1/8 t nutmeg; sprinkle over top of dough. Cut into 8 wedges; separate so wedges are 1 inch apart. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until very light golden brown.

4 - Meanwhile, in small bowl mix remaining yogurt and cream cheese. Beat until well-blended. Serve with warm scones.


Enjoy!
-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Feel free to just say "Hi!" when you stop by!

Thanks for reading!