Friday, February 6, 2009

Chocolate-y Buttersweets










Think thumbprint cookies......only better! These rich, dreamy treats have a creamy filling with coconut and walnuts - topped with a chocolatey glaze.

Can we say - YUM?!

I took a recipe from Best of the Bake-Off Cookbook (Pillsbury - 2008) and tweaked it. The first time I made these treats the cookies spread and didn't have this nice shape....so back to the drawing board on that one. Once I added a couple things VIOLA! Then, I used almond extract in the filling instead of vanilla. That really kicked it up a notch and made the filling into an "ultimate" filling.

I'll be creating these babies for an upcoming party - for sure!

Enjoy!
-Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
Feel free to just say "Hi!" when you stop by!

Thanks for reading!